One man died and another was hospitalized as a result of apparent overdose on Dec. 28, according to a Carbondale Police Department press release.
First responders arrive at a Carbondale home around 5:30 p.m. and found a 30-year-old man dead, the release said. Emergency medical services later transported a 24-year-old man from another location to the hospital — where he was treated and released.
Both men “may have ingested what was purported to be blue oxycodone pills with an “M” on them.”
It was unclear if the drugs were prescribed or not, but Carbondale Police issued a reminder to take your own prescriptions and avoid taking unknown pills regardless.
This story will be updated if more information becomes available.