AD RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS — MONDAY BY NOON
Holiday Deadlines – 2019
MATERIALS FOR SUN PRODUCED ADS — MONDAY AT NOON
CAMERA READY ADS — TUESDAY AT NOON
The Sopris Sun goes to press by 5pm every Wednesday.
Sopris Sun Produced Ads:
- Include text with exact wording.
- Provide layout suggestions and instructions.
- Due to our short timetable advertisers are limited to TWO revisions. Successive revisions will be charged revision fees.
- Resizing for other publications available at an additional charge.
- All images (pictures, photos logos, or scans) need be at least 300 dpi format to ensure optimum printing.
Note: Artwork downloaded from the internet is normally NOT PRINT QUALITY because it has a resolution of 72 dpi. Taking an image from the internet and enlarging it or increasing the dpi in with imaging software does not solve the problem, rather makes image quality worse. Further, images off the internet may be copyrighted. Please submit only your own pictures or purchase stock photography.
|Print Ready Image at 300 dpi||Internet Image at 72 dpi
|Photo by Jane Bachrach|
Camera-Ready Ad Submissions:
- PDF Files with fonts embedded.
- CMYK Colors — Convert your PDF into CMYK colors.
- 100% Black Fonts — Convert all black text into 100%, true black (K). Black text that is a combination of CMY does not print well.
- 300 DPI Images
- No bleeds
- No crops
- No printer marks
- Files should be named with your company name (i.e. not Sopris Sun).
- InDesign PDF files should use PDF-X1a format to export.
Acceptable Design Software
- Adobe InDesign
- Serif PagePlus
Unacceptable Design Software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Measurements / inDesign Templates:
- Full page, 10” x 14”
- Half page, 10” x 7” horizontal
- Half page, 4.9” x 14” vertical
- Quarter page, 10″ x 3.4″, horizontal
- Quarter page, 4.9” x 7” vertical
- 1/8 page, 4.9” x 3.4” horizontal
- 1/8 page, 2.3” x 7” vertical
- Front page banner, 10” x 1.25”
- Service directory ad, 3.25” x 2”
Payment in full or a credit card number is required at time of reservation.